Friday, September 14, 2012

And So It Begins...


"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting."- Buddha
Thus, today I begin my blog.
INTRODUCING
  1.2.3. origin~aLi~ty
Why, you ask? 
Well...it all started with a simple desire to add a blog name to a simple tag accompanying my creation in Donna Downey's "Altered Brush Project"

front of tag created with random tape & Sharpie
Then, I had a little pep talk.  Telling myself, "I can do this!  I want to do this!" And thinking, I can take time and share my personality, my creative ability, and become part of an art world I cherish so much. After sending out a Facebook status asking for Blog names, I started writing down various ideas:  alifromvalley (yes, I am Ali from Valley, NE), A Joyful Gab, Artful Ali, Gitt Going, and one inspired by the kids I babysit for Ali-Pop, Lollipop, Goody Goody Gumdrops (to be my kid related blog at some point).

But ultimately fell in love with 1.2.3. origin~aLi~ty.  The idea of taking adding 3 parts to each post appealed to me. (And I like the way numbers look.)  Therefore, each post will consist of: 
1. Inspiration
2. Creation
3. Retrospect.

So today is a  new journey into the world of blogging! Wish Me Luck!

 While attending an art crawl at Donna Downey Studios, there was an option to decorate a brush and be part of a funky, fun bathroom decor. Yes, bathroom!   Donna Downey's "Altered Brush Project"  motivated me to think outside my box on what I could do different, expand my creativity.

So I started:  playing with material and ideas, making sketches of shapes, etc.  A tree idea developed while using the pompoms.  After tying the strands through the hole, and hot gluing them into place....I let the strand dangle down as roots.  (I later cut them off .)
  
the beginning of the project

I tested out what UTEE would look like clear on the handle, but opted to wrap pattern paper around and ModPodge it down.  LOVED IT!

Then the tree just took it's own life and I added various elements:
a.  dry wall tape & floral ribbon around the metal band
b.  little hat, shredded book text (altered with Distress ink), washi tape bunting, stamped UTEE coated birds, and glitter painted heart into the leaves
c.  taupe colored paint + puffy painted word GROW to bottom brush section
d. metal trinket for tree knot
and VOILA...


To me, a simple brush = a start, a new beginning, a huge momentum builder for launching my dream.

A simple brush = COURAGE, GROWTH, STRENGTH.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Well done and best wishes on your new journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure there are plenty of brushes left to decorate. The bathroom is quite large. :)

      Delete